Main Site Navigation
Do Not Negotiate On Your Own.
Call 574-303-6492
Available 24/7
Se Habla EspaƱol

When you enter the property of another, you expect to be safe. If you sustain injuries on someone else's property, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party. Premises liability is an area of law designed to hold owners and occupiers responsible for injuries which occur on their property. A premises liability accident could happen in a commercial building, on public property, or a private or rented home. If you are injured in a slip and fall, or other type of premises liability accident, contact the premises liability lawyers at Gardner & Rans P.C. for assistance.

In a premise liability case the following parties may be held liable:

  • Property owners. From homeowners to amusement park owners, the person who actually owns the property may be liable for injuries which occur there;
  • Landlords. In some cases, landlords are held accountable from harm incurred by tenants and visitors, particularly in cases in which a latent defect caused injury to another, and the landlord knew or should have known about the defect at the time the tenant took possession of the property; or
  • Business proprietors. In these cases, the business owner might not actually own the property, but is responsible for keeping the premises safe for patrons and visitors. For example, a snow plow company may have the responsibility of plowing, shoveling, and salting sidewalks and parking lots for grocery stores, malls, shops and other commercial buildings.

To determine if you have a valid claim, contact Gardner & Rans P.C. today to determine your legal status as a visitor:

  • Business invitee. You were invited on the property for economic purposes, such as to shop in a store;
  • Social licensee. You entered a property with permission, but not for commercial purposes, such as you were invited to a friend's house; or
  • Trespasser. You entered the property without permission.

Depending on your status, you may or may not be entitled to compensation. Your attorney can also examine the exact nature of your injuries, what caused the injury, and whether a property owner, landlord, or business proprietor had a legal obligation to ensure your safety or to remove or warn you of potential hazards.

The law firm of Gardner & Rans P.C. provides hard-hitting legal representation to injury victims in and around Saint Joseph County, Indiana, including South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart, La Porte, and other Indiana communities. Do not hesitate to contact us at 574-233-6035.

Se Habla Espanol

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Speak Openly With A Lawyer Today
Receive A Free, No-Risk Case Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

202 South Michigan Street
Suite 801
South Bend, IN 46601

Phone: 574-303-6492
Fax: 574-233-6046
Map & Directions